Author Notes: This recipe came about because I had some fennel in the fridge. So I experimented and tried a variation of vinaigrette using honey and rice vinegar. - Babette's Feast
- 1 head of brocoli
- 1 fennel
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon gold sesame seeds toasted
- Wash and trim the broccoli. Cut the tops and cook in water with salt for 5 minutes. Drain and cool them under cold water to stop the cooking process..
- Clean the fennel and leave only the tender inner part. Cut in very thin slices.
- Whisk together the salt, rice vinegar and the honey until well dissolved. Add the sesame oil and whisk to make an emulsion.
- In a bowl, add the broccoli and the fennel, add the sauce and toss gently so the broccoli doesn't break. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Broccoli/Broccoli Rabe Dish