If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An quick, easy, and savory "pancake" made from chickpea flour, socca is destined to be your new favorite canvas for toppings of all kinds. - Gena Hamshaw
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups water, room temperature
- 1 12-inch, cast iron skillet
- Preheat your oven to 450 F and place your cast iron skillet in the oven.
- Whisk together the chickpea flour, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Whisk in one cup of the water and two tablespoons of the olive oil. Allow batter to sit for ten minutes. If it's very thick, add the remaining half cup of water (it should be thick but pourable, not unlike pancake batter).
- Remove the skillet from the oven and coat the pan with additional tablespoon olive oil. Pour the batter into the skillet and bake for 15 minutes, or until it's firm throughout and becoming gently golden on the edges. If you'd like to skip broiling, you can cook it for another 5 or so minutes, or until it's golden on top.
- If you'd like a traditional, slightly crispy socca, you can heat the broiler when the socca has been baking for 15 minutes. Brush the top of the socca with the remaining tablespoon olive oil and broil until it's browning on top. Cut into wedges and serve.
Black Olive Tapenade
- 1 1/2 cups pitted black olives (they can be cured either in oil or in brine)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- Black pepper, to taste
- Place the olives, garlic, and capers into a food processor fitted with the S blade and pulse to combine.
- Drizzle in the olive oil with the motor of the processor running. Stop as soon as the tapenade is spreadable and evenly processed. Pulse in the lemon, pepper, and herbs if using. Serve.
Brown Butter Nutella Skillet Cookie
You deserve a mid-week pick-me-up.
Brown butter Nutella skillet cookie.
Travel like Anthony Bourdain
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.