If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 pound tri-tip steak
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon green peppercorns in brine, drained
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°. Generously season steak with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add steak and sear to brown on one side, 3 minutes. Transfer browned steak (browned-side up) to a large rimmed baking sheet. (Reserve skillet.) Toss asparagus with 1 tablespoon oil on other side of the pan and roast until steak is cooked to medium-rare, 15 to 17 minutes. Remove steak to a cutting board to rest.
- While steak and asparagus roast, return reserved skillet to stove over medium. Heat remaining oil, then add shallot. Cook until shallot is tender, 2 minutes. Add wine and peppercorns and cook until wine has reduced by half, 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat and swirl in butter. Stir in parsley before serving. Slice meat and spoon sauce over steak; serve with asparagus.
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.