Author Notes: A traditional black olive tapenade that has just the right hint of fresh herbs. - Gena Hamshaw
Serves 6 to 8
- 1 1/2 cup pitted black olives (they can be cured either in oil or in brine)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- Black pepper, to taste
- Place the olives, garlic, and capers into a food processor fitted with the S blade and pulse to combine.
- Drizzle in the olive oil with the motor of the processor running. Stop as soon as the tapenade is spreadable and evenly processed. Pulse in the lemon, pepper, and herbs, if using. Serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!