If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Gnudi is typical from Florence and is a mixture of dark leaf vegetables and ricotta which are made into small balls and cooked. They are extremely light and have a wonderful taste. These gnudis are made with tender broccoli rabe leaves and Italian sausage and baked in a cheese sauce . —Maria Teresa Jorge
- 3 bunches young tender broccoli rabe
- 16 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 11 ounces fresh ricotta
- 9 ounces all purpose flour, sifted
- 2 eggs
- 4 Italian sausages
- 1.8 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 1.8 ounces Provolone cheese
- 200 milliliters cream
- black pepper
- 2 ounces butter cut up in little pieces
- Wash and cook the broccoli rabe for 15 minutes. Drain and squeeze out the excess water. When cool, chop very finely.
- Remove the casing from the sausages and crumble the sausage meat.
- In a sautée pan, melt the butter. When it starts sizzling add the sausage and cook until golden brown. Add the chopped broccoli rabe and mix, cooking 3 minutes to mix the tastes.
- In a bowl, add the goat cheese, the ricotta, the sausage and broccoli rabe mixture, 1 ounce of parmesan and 1 ounce of Provolone. Mix very well until well combined. Add 2/3 of the sifted flour and mix. Season with salt and pepper.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Dust your hands with a little flour and make small balls with the cheese, broccoli and sausage mixture. As you make them, put them on the lined tray. Use as little flour as possible when doing them.
- Butter an oven proof dish.
- In a large pot, bring water with a little salt to a boil and as soon as it reaches boiling point drop a few Gnudi at a time. As soon as they float up remove them with a strainer and put in the buttered plate.
- Melt the remaining Parmesan and Provolone in the cream over low heat. Pour this mixture over the gnudis, sprinkle the cut up butter and pass under the grill a few minutes to brown the top
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Greens
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Broccoli/Broccoli Rabe Dish
Our Latest Contest
Show us Your Best Middle Eastern Recipe
Enter our latest contest!
GMOs: You have the right to know.
It's time to travel.
Eat cookie (butter) for breakfast.
Put cake on a pedestal.