If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a refreshing and healthy drink for hot summer days. It's great for breakfast, or as a dessert depending on the spices and amount of sweetness you add to it. When I was in high school I would always purchase either this chicha or an orange-raspadura juice (raspadura: raw cane sugar). Chichas (natural juice + water + sugar) are always available around street food vendors and restaurants. The empanada and hot dog cart vendors specially carry several chichas sold at 25 cents.
You can also use this drink to make cocktails and like I mentioned before, desserts.
Full Post on this recipe here: http://www.cocinerita.com/chicha-de-avena/
NOTE: how to make Raspadura Syrup: http://www.cocinerita.com/hibiscus-saril-limeade/ - LittleLadyCook
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 1 1/4 cup Water
- 1 3/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup Raspadura Syrup (Raw Sugar Cane, read NOTE)
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- Soak oats in water overnight in an air tight container inside of the fridge
- Pour the milk, add soaked oats, spices and raspadura syrup in the blender. Blend for 1 minute or until the consistency you prefer.
- Keep refrigerated in a pitcher and serve cool.
- Sprinkle nutmeg and serve with a stick of cinnamon for a cute touch!