If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love spicing up my shakshuka with tomato achaar, an Indian relish. —Chitra Agrawal
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups tomato, diced
- 3 tablespoons Brooklyn Delhi tomato achaar
- 2 eggs
- salt & pepper
- parsley, chopped
- feta, crumbled
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium. Add the onions and red bell pepper and saute until soft. Add the garlic and fry for a minute. Add the tomatoes, tomato achaar and salt and pepper to taste. Bring the sauce to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low, stirring from time to time until the tomatoes are soft, 12-15 minutes.
- With a spoon, clear 2 spaces in the pan. Break one of the eggs into a small bowl and carefully slide it into one of the spaces. Repeat this same process with your other egg. Cover the pan and cook on low for about 5 minutes, until the egg whites are set and the yolks are still soft and runny. Turn off the stove.
- Garnish with parsley and feta. Serve immediately with crusty bread or warm tortillas and more tomato achaar on the side.
Make 3-ingredient frozen yogurt at home
Never buy frozen yogurt again.
The invincible beer can chicken.
Know (and shop) the basics.
How to line a baking pan.
The chicest apron around.