Author Notes: I love spicing up my shakshuka with tomato achaar, an Indian relish. - Chitra Agrawal
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1/2 cup tomato, diced
- 3 tablespoons Brooklyn Delhi tomato achaar
- 2 eggs
- salt & pepper
- parsley, chopped
- feta, crumbled
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium. Add the onions and red bell pepper and saute until soft. Add the garlic and fry for a minute. Add the tomatoes, tomato achaar and salt and pepper to taste. Bring the sauce to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low, stirring from time to time until the tomatoes are soft, 12-15 minutes.
- With a spoon, clear 2 spaces in the pan. Break one of the eggs into a small bowl and carefully slide it into one of the spaces. Repeat this same process with your other egg. Cover the pan and cook on low for about 5 minutes, until the egg whites are set and the yolks are still soft and runny. Turn off the stove.
- Garnish with parsley and feta. Serve immediately with crusty bread or warm tortillas and more tomato achaar on the side.