If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Since lamb is one of my favorite meats, I decided to incorporate it into a traditional, comfort food favorite. - Mariya
- 6 Lasagna noodles, broken in half
- 1 ounce butter
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 1 cup onion-small dice
- 3/4 pound ground lamb
- 1 shallot-small dice
- 1/2 pound eggplant-pealed, chopped in small dice
- 7 sprigs thyme-leaves only
- 1/2 bunch spinach, chopped coarsely
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves, chopped
- 3 cups Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese
- 6 ounces good canned tomato (San Marzano)
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Boil lasagna noodles until al dente; butter and reserve.
- Sautee onions in olive oil until just golden.
- Add lamb to onions and sautee until almost done, season; reserve.
- Sweat shallot in olive oil, add eggplant and thyme, cook until soft, season, add spinach, mix, and turn pan off; reserve.
- In a bowl, mix ricotta, parsley, Gruyere, and season.
- Assemble: in a round baking dish, one ladle of tomato, lay down 3 noodles, top with ricotta mixture, top with lamb, top with eggplant mixture, top with Parm; repeat.
- Top last noodle layer with Ricotta mixture and extra Parm.
- Bake covered, in a 400F oven, for 10 min; uncover and bake 20 min longer.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Baked Pasta
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Fact: Kids love pizza.
Mortar and pestle perfection.