If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Smoky poblano chile and Yukon Gold potato gratin baked with Monterey Jack cheese. —Riley Wofford
Serves 4 to 6
- 8 poblano chiles
- 3 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the broiler. Place the poblano chiles on a small rimmed baking sheet. Broil for 10 to 15 minutes, turning the chiles occasionally, until charred on all sides. Remove from the oven and transfer to a resealable bag. Let rest for about 20 minutes, until cool enough to handle. Peel the chiles, remove the seeds, and slice into thin strips.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and spray a large oval baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Toss together the chiles, potatoes, onions, and 1 cup of cheese and transfer to the prepared baking dish. Whisk together the heavy cream and milk in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour evenly over the potato mixture. Sprinkle the remaining cup of cheese over the top. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until the potatoes are tender. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.