If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
For the bread
- 10 tablespoons (6 oz) softened butter
- 10-12 slices of thick-cut, white bread
- 4 tablespoons marmalade
- 2 large oranges, zested and juiced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/3 cup superfine sugar
For the custard
- 360 milliliters (12 fl oz) milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 4 tablespoons light cream
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and generously butter a large baking dish (about 2 litres) with some of the butter.
- Cut the crusts off of the bread then butter and spread with marmalade. Cut each slice into 4 triangles.
- In a small bowl stir together the orange juice, orange zest, lemon juice, lemon zest and sugar until the sugar has dissolved.
- Soak each triangle of bread in the syrup and arrange in the baking dish until it's completely full.
- In a large bowl whisk together the milk, eggs, sugar and cream. Pour this over the bread triangles in the dish. Spoon over any remaining syrup.
- Bake pudding for 30 minutes until browned and crisp on top.
Put Summer in a Jar
How to freestyle berry jam
Freestyle berry jam.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
The new Food52 office.
Octopi my heart.