If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My boyfriend likes to order a mix of chicken hearts, liver and meat when in Israel. He was happy with this contest because this was his change to taste these goods out of our own kitchen. I was never really attracted to the organs of any animal and especially after I watched the movie apocalypto last night, in which they cut out the heart of living people as a sacrifice to the god of the sun, I regret buying those little chicken hearts.
I pushed those dreadful images to the back of my head and started to imagine the dish I was going to make. I took out the book of new Israeli food for inspiration and went to work.
I conquered my fear of organs once and for all, thank you for that, we have something new on the menu.
- 4 tablespoons raw tahini
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- pinches salt
- Cut the parsley and cilantro really small, crush the garlic cloves with a good pinch of salt. Mix the tahini with lemon juice, the garlic, the herbs and add water until you have a nice thick sauce.
- 5 ounces chicken hearts
- 5 ounces chicken liver
- 5 ounces chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon baharat spices
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- handfuls toasted sun flower seeds
- 2 red capsicum
- baby leaf salad
- Cut the liver, heart and breast in the same size pieces. Make a marinade with 1 teaspoon of baharat, 1 teaspoon of paprika, a pinch of salt and a good drizzle of olive oil. Put it in the fridge for a day or at least half a day.
- Cut the top of the capsicum and take out the seeds. Brush the outside with olive oil, put the top back on and put them in a preheated oven (390 f) until soft, this may take an hour or so.
- When the capsicums are done, heat a heavy skillet on a medium to high fire and bake the meat until done.
- Put some lettuce on a plate, put the capsicum in the middle and fill it up with meat, drizzle the sauce on the meat and end with some toasted sun flower seeds. Serve with more of the sauce on the side.
- Baharat is a spice mixture which includes: grounded cardamom, nutmeg, cinnamon, all spices, black pepper and ginger.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Nose to Tail Recipe
Have Your Campari—and Eat It, Too
Granita is really, really great
Spike your granita with campari.
The craziest chip around.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Savor the season.
This pasta's mint to be.