If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These Vegan and Gluten free blood orange jellos are a great fruit snack. They can be made with or without additional sugars [I used a small amount of honey]. The blood orange has an incredibly intense flavor, a bit sharp and sour but still lovely and fragrant. Adding a small amount of honey sweetens the mixture and topping it with coconut cream complements the texture and flavor. Add a tablespoon of hard alcohol [per 4] for a boozy jello. See more recipes at www.pomegranatenation.co.uk - sabrina
- 5 blood oranges
- 1/2 teaspoon organic honey
- 3/4 tablespoons agar flakes
- 1 date
- 4 teaspoons coconut cream
- 1/2 teaspoon blood orange zest
- 1 dash black sesame seeds
- Juice 3 of the oranges.
- Cut the other two oranges in half and then carefully cut out the flesh without poking through the rind.
- Place the orange juice and the agar agar into a small pot and bring it to a boil
- Let it simmer for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally until the agar flakes melt.
- Pour mixture into the orange molds and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Top with coconut cream, blood orange zest, date and a sprinkle of black sesame seeds.