Author Notes: These Vegan and Gluten free blood orange jellos are a great fruit snack. They can be made with or without additional sugars [I used a small amount of honey]. The blood orange has an incredibly intense flavor, a bit sharp and sour but still lovely and fragrant. Adding a small amount of honey sweetens the mixture and topping it with coconut cream complements the texture and flavor. Add a tablespoon of hard alcohol [per 4] for a boozy jello. See more recipes at www.pomegranatenation.co.uk - sabrina
- 5 blood oranges
- 1/2 teaspoon organic honey
- 3/4 tablespoons agar flakes
- 1 date
- 4 teaspoons coconut cream
- 1/2 teaspoon blood orange zest
- 1 dash black sesame seeds
- Juice 3 of the oranges.
- Cut the other two oranges in half and then carefully cut out the flesh without poking through the rind.
- Place the orange juice and the agar agar into a small pot and bring it to a boil
- Let it simmer for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally until the agar flakes melt.
- Pour mixture into the orange molds and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Top with coconut cream, blood orange zest, date and a sprinkle of black sesame seeds.