If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In our family we are big fans of Italian cusine and often prepare it at home. This past summer I created this dish using a homemade pesto I had prepared with the huge amounts of basil left over in our garden. You could switch the flavors of this dish up by using a number of pestos, for example I made a few differnet variations including almond, walnut and even sunflower seeds. Oddly enough I am not a huge fan of pine nuts so these options work great for me! - JennT1981
Makes 10 bundles
- 20 asparagus spears, trimmed, ends peeled and cut in half
- 10 lasagna sheets
- 20 tiger shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 dash fine sea salt
- 1 dash fresh cracked pepper
- 1 1/2 cups alfredo sauce
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 10 ounces fresh mozzarella
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and drizzle in olive oil.
- Add lasagna and cook until almost tender, or al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain and lay out flat to cool.
- In a medium bowl combine shrimp, basil, lemon juice, salt and pepper; toss to coat evenly.
- Beginning at one end of lasagna, place two shrimp along with two asparagus spears and roll tightly into a bundle.
- Repeat until complete. Place with fold-side down into greased baking dish.
- In small bowl combine alfredo and pesto; mix well.
- Evenly coat bundles with sauce and top each with a slice of fresh mozzarella.
- Bake until shrimp is pink, asparagus is tender and cheese is bubbly, about 35 minutes.
- Broil the last couple minutes to slightly brown cheese.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Asparagus Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Baked Pasta
Take Summer Food Inside
11 DIY projects to make when it's too hot to go outside.
Cool Eats for Hot Days
A Carry-On Cocktail Kit
Anna Jones Loves Vegetables
The Daily Grind
Italian Breakfast Buns