If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: As Indians we are not used to having sweet breakfasts like pancakes or waffles. And yet I just love waffles the soft insides and crunchy outside makes for a perfect breakfast save the sweetness.
So i removed the sugar but needed to compensate the batter with something to add taste and flavour and one my most favourite accompaniments that can zing up just about anything is the Sundried Tomato Pesto . Serve it with a simple tomato chutney and you are good to go!
So presenting the Sun Dried Tomato Waffles!!! Super yummy and a great way to start your mornings!!! - Harsh Shodhan
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sun dried tomato pesto
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes chopped
- Mix Flour, Baking powder & salt in one bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs well , add the melted butter and milk. Beat the liquids till all incorporated.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and add the liqiud mixture to it. Using a spatula mix the two well, adding the pesto, tomato puree and chopped sun dried tomatoes to form a nice batter. The batter should have a nice thick pouring consistency. Taste for salt and flavour and adjust accordingly. You can also add some hot sauce to make the waffles a bit more spicy.
- Enjoy with a dash of tomato chutney and a hot cup of coffee. A great way to start a great day!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe
Flourless Almond & Coconut Cake
Looked for salad, ended up with cake: Life in a nutshell.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Recipe of the Day
Strawberry, Rhubarb, and Lime Popsicles
An out of the blue use for a mason jar.
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.