If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There's always those times where there is not much to work with in the kitchen so ultimately you end up using almost everything in the cabinets and fridge, "cabinet vibrations" my boyfriend calls it. Although we are not vegetarians we do still enjoy to eat as so. I had a friend prepare this recipe for some guests who were vegetarians and from what I hear it was a hit! You could of course use any variety of vegetables in this recipe. - JennT1981
- 6 ready-bake lasagna sheets
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1/2 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup broccoli, florets
- 1 cup spaghetti squash, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup ricotta
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan, freshly grated
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 8 ounces silkened tofu, blended or processed
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash cracked pepper
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large sauce pan melt butter over medium heat and add garlic and shallot.
- Cook 1 to 2 minutes being careful not to burn.
- Slowly add milk, tofu, cayenne, nutmeg, salt and pepper and let simmer 3 to 5 minutes for flavors to meld.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water, mix well and add to sauce.
- Cook until sauce thickens slightly about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Begin adding vegetables and stir to combine thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Assemble lasagna in a 9 x 9 baking dish by coating bottom with sauce, next evenly layer the sheets, more sauce, ricotta then mozzarella until ingredients are gone.
- Top with parmesan, cover and bake about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue cooking another 5 to 10 minutes until bubbly and golden. Let rest about 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Summer Squash Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spinach Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Baked Pasta