If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These gratins are delightfully, at once, all of the following: Simple and quick to prepare, elegant, and comforting. You will need individual gratin dishes, about 5 or 6 inches oval or round, preferably. As an aside, there are many potential variations here! (think thinly sliced mushrooms, chopped herbs..) These are provencal in theme, but I've done so many others. The key is, all ingredients must be thoroughly cooked in the time it takes the fish to roast. For crispier potatoes, add them to the oven in their gratin dishes, ten minutes before all the rest of the ingredients. I make these when I really don't feel like cooking OR going out. - Carole Magness
Makes 2 but can be expanded as necessary
- 2 6oz Fish fillets, such as sole, salmon, halibut
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 14 cherry tomatoes, sliced in halves
- 1 medium red potato
- 2 fat Sprigs of thyme
- 8 Pitted and sliced kalamata or other olives
- Dry white wine
- handfuls Spinach leaves
- 1 small Shallot, sliced
- Place a folded cloth napkin atop each of 2 dinner plates. Set aside. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash fish and pat dry. Lightly sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper. Oil gratins with 1 T of the olive oil.
- Slice the potato on a mandolin, or as thinly as possible, unpeeled. Line gratin bottoms with the sliced potatoes. Add shallot. Sprinkle kosher salt and pepper to taste. Lay spinach leaves on top of potatoes. Add the fish, and scatter the tomatoes and olives around, place thyme sprigs on top. Splash with wine, and sprinkle last T of olive oil all over each gratin. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Place on dinner plates, and serve immediately.
How to Judge a Person by Their Ice Cream Choice
Are you a King Cone or a Klondike Bar?
Choose your ice cream wisely.
Brown butter Nutella skillet cookie.
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.