If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I could, if properly motivated, carefully craft some sort of elaborate origin story
for this cake, but it would be a filthy lie.
The truth is simple.
I wanted raw cheesecake, the ingredients were on hand and...cake happened.
More specifically raw vegan chocolate cheesecake with coconut walnut crust. —Slow Club Cookery
- 5 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup raw flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts
- 1/4 tablespoon sea salt
- Process dates, flaked coconut, walnuts and salt in food processor until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Using your fingertips, press crust into the bottom and sides of mini (4") springform pan. Set aside.
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts + water for soaking
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons raw agave syrup (can also use maple syrup, not raw)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons softened raw coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Combine cashews and walnuts, cover with water and soak for 1-3 hours.
- Drain soaked nuts and place them in the bowl of a food processor. Add lemon juice, agave, salt, coconut oil, cacao powder and vanilla extract. Process until completely smooth.
- Scrape filling into springform pan and smooth with a spatula. Place in the freezer for at least an hour.
- Pop chilled cake out of springform pan and serve. Can be made several days ahead of time and kept chilled until serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Walnuts
These Figs are Feeling a Little Tart
Learn to love fruit with chocolate
Learning to love fruit with chocolate.
The best donuts—ever.
We've got the summer blues.
How we do a Genius dinner party for 30.
A better basket.