If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This breakfast is an early morning kitchen ballet, but so simple you can perform even before your coffee is brewed. Your tortilla toasts while the cheese melts, eggs scramble and your coffee brews. I timed my last Monday morning breakfast taco, and the whole thing took six minutes from start to finish, including time to take a photograph and shoo the cat off the counter. - Boston2Berkeley
- 1 corn tortilla
- paper thin slices of extra sharp cheddar
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 2 tablespoons guacamole
- Place a dry cast iron skillet over medium high heat and place the corn tortilla in the skillet. Put a small non-stick skillet over medium heat and melt a pat of butter in this pan.
- Scramble the egg in a small dish, and cut a few thin slices of cheddar cheese.
- Flip over the tortilla and place the cheese in the center of the tortilla (it should cover the center 1/3).
- Add the scrambled egg to your non-stick skillet and season with a little salt and pepper. Gently scrape the cooked egg off the bottom of the pan until the whole egg is cooked (as it's just a single egg, this will happen very quickly).
- Slide the tortilla with melted cheese from the cast iron skillet onto a plate Top with the scrambled egg and salsa and guacamole.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe
Freeze It Right There
A fruity, frozen spin on a classic.
A bananas frozen daiquiri.
Plan a genius dinner party: part one.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Community Picks: Lettuce-Free Salad
A trusty trivet.