If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A mini quiche filled with swiss chard, sweet bell peppers, and onions and a gluten-free almond and flax meal crust. Perfect for any meal of the day! - Lisa @ Healthy Nibbles & Bits
Almond & Flax Meal Crust
- 1 1/4 cups almond meal
- 1/3 cup flax meal
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped (optional)
- 5 large eggs, whisked
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup swiss chard, rinsed and chopped
- 1/3 cup orange pepper (or other sweet peppers)
- 2 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan or line it with silicone baking cups.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the crust until you get a wet, crumbly dough.
- Divide the dough evenly among the 12 muffin cups, and press the dough firmly into the bottom of each cup.
- Bake the dough for about 10-12 minutes, until the edges of the dough start to brown.
- While the dough is baking, mix all the ingredients for the filling in a medium-sized bowl.
- Once the quiche crusts have been baked, remove them from the oven and reduce the heat down to 375ºF.
- Pour the filling evenly onto the baked crusts.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked and the filling is firm to touch.
- Let the quiches cool before removing them from the muffin pan to ensure that the crust does not crumble.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe
A Comic(al) Way to Cook
A classic cookbook goes illustrated.
Cooking the classics from comics.
Memorial Day made easy.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Kothu paratha: one-upping one-pot meals.
Mortar and pestle perfection.