If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Training for a half-marathon (I know...everyone is doing one these days) means early morning workouts and quick, healthy breakfasts that we can take to work, on the go. This is a nutritious frozen treat that is sweet and creamy but not so heavy that it'll slow you down. You can also add 1/2 cup of protein powder if you'd like. And play around with different kinds of milks and ratios like coconut milk and soy milk. This shake is fast and requires no prep. And most important of all, it's tasty! Get excited for your morning date! - AGIRLANDAPIG
Food52 Review: It isn't often that the words "decadent" and "healthy" can be used in the same sentence. This recipe is one exception. Smoothies tend to be cloying and creamy, which may not appeal to some, but Agirlandapig completely bypasses this issue by using almond milk. The dates and bananas are quite sweet by themselves, but their flavors and sweetness are perfectly balanced. I can't think of a better way to begin a healthy day. Using fresh, homemade almond milk is worth the extra effort for its flavor, although store-bought would work equally well. - Panfusine
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 4 pitted dates
- 1 banana, preferably frozen
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a blender, combine the almond milk, dates, banana, cinnamon, vanilla, and ice. Blend everything together well until the dates are in tiny pieces and everything is smooth. Adjust with as splash of this or that. Enjoy cold!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.