If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Its raining in LA (what?!?!) and i'm lazy ... and i have a sweet tooth ... with little fresh goodies in the fridge ... what to do?!?! I had a half an old baguette ... in the summer time i would use this to make a delish panzanella ... but in this grey winter a bread pudding is calling me! I had no pan small enough to make a true batch of bread pudding so i decided to see if a foil container would work ... and it did. With lovely caramalized crusts and a custardy innard this was a quick fix for my winter blues! - amreen
- 1/2 old french baguette
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinamon
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- orange zest (optional)
- ground ginger (optional)
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Make a foil bowl ... get creative (I found that wide with 2 1/2 inch walls worked ... doable with one sheet of foil) ! Cut the stale bread into 1/2 inch cubes and melt the butter
- Combine the milk, eggs, sugar and cinamon. Beat until frothy. I like to add a bit of orange zest and ginger powder to zing up the cold days ... but thats entirley up to you!
- Place the bread cubes in the foil bowl. Drizzle with the butter. Sprinkle in the raisins.
- Put your fabulous bread bowl on a baking pan or in a baking dish. Pour in the Milk and Egg mixture carefully, making sure that the walls of your bowl are high enough so that none of the mixture overflows.
- Bake your bread pudding for 30 minutes. You will know if its done when you can stick a knife in it and it comes out clean.
- Grab a couple of spoons and get ready to scoop out pure bliss!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Bread Pudding (Sweet, not Savory)
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls