If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Whenever I travel through Chicago O'Hare airport, I have to make sure I get this delicious chickpea salad from Argo Tea. It is super delicious and a perfect airport meal/snack because its light and nutritious. Last time I ate this salad, I wrote down the ingredients and guessed the proportions per my taste. I made a huge batch of this protein packed salad a few weeks ago and my sister and I ate this for lunch for a few days and we didn't even get sick of it. - themessimake.com
- 2 cups cooked/canned chickpeas
- 1 cup chopped cucumber (1/2 large English cucumber or 1 1/2 small Persian cucumber)
- 1 cup chopped tomato - remove the seeds (1 large tomato)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion (1/2 onion)
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons Zahtar (add more if needed) - I usually buy Zahtar from William Sonoma.
- 1 teaspoon salt (add more if needed)
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or juice of 1/2 lemon (add more if needed)
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (add more if needed)
- Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Chickpeas
Go strawberries, it's sherbet day.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Rock the roast.
Be shelf smart.
This is poppin'.