Author Notes: Whenever I travel through Chicago O'Hare airport, I have to make sure I get this delicious chickpea salad from Argo Tea. It is super delicious and a perfect airport meal/snack because its light and nutritious. Last time I ate this salad, I wrote down the ingredients and guessed the proportions per my taste. I made a huge batch of this protein packed salad a few weeks ago and my sister and I ate this for lunch for a few days and we didn't even get sick of it. - themessimake.com
- 2 cups cooked/canned chickpeas
- 1 cup chopped cucumber (1/2 large English cucumber or 1 1/2 small Persian cucumber)
- 1 cup chopped tomato - remove the seeds (1 large tomato)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion (1/2 onion)
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons Zahtar (add more if needed) - I usually buy Zahtar from William Sonoma.
- 1 teaspoon salt (add more if needed)
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or juice of 1/2 lemon (add more if needed)
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (add more if needed)
- Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Chickpeas