If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've been making homemade chickpeas frequently, since I got a pressure cooker for Christmas. Artichokes and red bell peppers were reasonably priced at Trader Joe's, so I combined them with good olive oil and fresh herbs and the result was a fresh, tangy and toothsome melange that would make a great first course or a satisfying lunch. - zindc
Serves 4-6 or 2-3 with leftovers
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas, canned is ok
- 4 fresh cooked artichoke hearts, each one cut into quarters. Frozen is ok.
- 2 roasted, peeled red bell peppers
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine or sherry vinegar
- zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil and Italian parsley
- salt and black pepper to taste
- remove the stems and seeds from the roasted peppers. Cut them into thin strips, each strip 2" long.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine pepper strips, chickpeas and artichoke hearts with remaining ingredients. Stir well to combine. Let sit at room temperature for at least 1/2 to 1 hour, stirring occasionally before serving. If made the day before, refrigerate, and bring up to room temperature before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Chickpeas