If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a great meatless alternative to traditional curried chicken salad. I adapted this recipe from thesimpleveganista.blogspot.com and added several ingredients to help enhance the curry flavor. It surprisingly tastes very similar to curried chicken salad, but better!
- Lee Heublein-Hsu
Makes 8-10 sandwich servings
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 carrots, diced
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1/2 cup dried currants
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup tahini (sesame paste) that has been thinned with water
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, add chickpeas and roughly mash half the chickpeas with a potato masher.
- Add thinned tahini, curry powder, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well so all ingredients are incorporated.
- Add carrots, green onions, cilantro and dried currants to chickpeas and combine.
- Add salt and cracked pepper to taste.
- Serve as a sandwich filling or eat on its own as a side salad.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Chickpeas