If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
We are now going to expand our recipes to include more Asian dishes starting with the beautifully simple and healthy meals of Japan. Our first dish is Ebi Yakasobe or Shrimp Stir Fry with Noodles. Inspired by a website called ClosetCooking, we have provided three different alternatives for the wheat noodles or ramen used in this dish. We will attempt to find and use as many authentic Japanese ingredients as we can find. We hope that our readers will realize the inherently healthy aspects of Japanese cooking using raw or minimally-cooked ingredients and enjoy cooking some of these dishes themselves. The recipe can be found on our blog @ http://tomandanitamorgan.blogspot.com/2014/04/japanese-style-shrimp-stir-fry-or-ebi.html - Tom and Anita Morgan
For the Stir Fry
- 2 t brown sesame oil
- 1 t light sesame oil if needed for noodles
- 1/4 yellow onion, chopped small
- 1 baby carrot, shredded
- 3 leaves cabbage, sliced into 1 ½ inch strips
- 1/4 green Bell pepper, cut into 1 ½ inch strips
- 1/4 red Bell pepper, cut into 1 ½ inch strips
- 1/2 pound large shrimp,shelled, tails on
- 8 oz fresh or dried thin noodles
- 2 T Yakisoba Sauce
- 1 green onion, sliced diagonally (not to be cooked)
- 1-2 T baking soda
- 1 t sesame seeds
- Heat the oil in a stir fry pan over medium high heat. Add the shrimp and cook for about 2 1/2 minutes while stirring or until they are pink and no longer translucent. Remove shrimp and reserve in a warming oven at 175-200*F with the plates or bowls.
- Add the yellow onion and saute while stirring for 1 minute. Add the cabbage, green pepper and red pepper and saute while stirring for about 1 minute.
- Add the cooked noodles and Yakisoba sauce and stir fry for about 2 minutes.
The Choices of Noodles:
- Fresh Angel Hair Pasta Noodles:
- Dried Angel Hair Pasta Noodles:
- Dried Ramen Noodles:
- Fresh Angel Hair Pasta Noodles: In a suitable pot, add 2T of baking soda and start water boiling. Add the angel hair pasta, cook for 30 seconds, drain, rinse, shake dry and lightly oil, then reserve in a warm oven with the plates.
- Dried Angel Hair Pasta Noodles: n a suitable pot, add 1T of baking soda and start water boiling. Add the dried noodles, cook for about 3-4 minutes, drain, rinse, shake dry and lightly oil; then reserve in a warm oven with the plates.
- Dried Ramen Noodles: In a suitable pot, start water boiling and follow directions to cooking the ramen noodles. When cooked, shake dry and lightly oil; then reserve in a warm oven with the plates.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Scallions