If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Lamb sweetbreads are so delicate and flavorful. We make them at home a lot in the Spring and into the Summer (when lamb is in season). They are quick and relatively easy to make and a nice appetizer. —coffeefoodwritergirl
Serves 10-12 as an appetizer
- 1 pound lamb sweetbreads (the smaller the better)
- olive oil
- (If your butcher has not already cleaned them...) Clean the sweetbreads by removing the membrane lining and cutting off visible excess fat tissue. Wash and dry thoroughly.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Sauté in a combination of ½ butter and ½ olive oil over medium heat until golden (about 4 minutes per side depending on size.) You don’t want to dry them out, but you want them fully cooked.
- Eat while hot – like chips!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Nose to Tail Recipe
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
It's time to travel.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Off to market.