If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: courtesy of Adam Baumgart, chef de cuisine at Seasonal restaurant. Best served with warmed corn tortillas, queso fresco, and quartered limes. - Family Meal
Serves 10 hungry cooks
- 10 pounds bone in pork shoulder
- 4-6 dried chiles, ground (choose depending on heat preference. Adam likes to use chiles d'arbol)
- 10 whole cloves
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 bunches cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 large onions, finely diced
- 1 bunch radishes, thinly sliced
- 3 limes, juiced
- Preheat the oven to 275. Rub the pork with chiles, salt, pepper, garlic, and press in the cloves. Place in a large roasting pan, and cover with foil. Cook until the meat is falling off the bone, about 4 hours. Once cool enough to handle, pull the meat off the bone, and shred it.
- Combine the cilantro and onion. Set aside to use as garnish.
- About an hour before serving, mix the sliced radishes with salt and lime juice to taste. Set aside to marinate.
- 1 pound tomatillos, husked and roasted
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 avocado
- 1 handful cilantro, very roughly chopped
- Blend all ingredients, seasoning with lime juice and salt to taste.
- Serve carnitas with warmed corn tortillas, garnish, salted radishes, salsa, wedges of lime and queso fresco. You can also serve this with rice and beans, but come on, you still have a night's work to do.
Baking Projects for Mother's Day
10 ways to show and share your love.
Mother's Day Baking Projects
Heavenly DIY lavender sachets.
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.