If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I don't think cauliflower is appreciated enough. This is a great way to do so. You can consider this as a more substantial cauliflower gratin with pasta or grown-up mac and cheese. I think it is a great way to balance the richness of the cream and cheese with healthy and tasty vegetables (and a way to convince somebody to eat some). You can replace or add broccoli or substitute chard with spinach. Also, you can try with blue cheese for more rich taste, though if you use sharp cheese you might want to reduce the amount a bit.
- 3/4 package of short tube like pasta
- 1 medium cauliflower broken to florets
- 1 bunch of chard (6-7 big leaves)
- 1/2 onion sliced thinly
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 3 eggs
- 1.5 cups of grated gruyere cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground nut meg
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Warm the oven to 360 F.
- Cook the cauliflower in boiling water for 7-10 minutes. In the same water cook the pasta just shy of al dente.
- In the meantime put 2 tablespoons in skillet and sauté the onions with a bit of salt for 5 minutes or so. Wash the chard, discard the white stems and tear to medium pieces. Add to the skillet and sauté until wilted. Add the garlic, nut meg and some pepper. Sauté for 1 minute or so and take off the stove.
- In a bowl mix the cream, eggs, cauliflower, pasta, chard mixture, teaspoon of salt and cayenne pepper. Finally add the gruyere and mix again.
- Pour to a baking dish and scatter the parmesan cheese on top. Bake for 40 minutes until golden brown on top.
Express your gratitude for sunshine.
Good day, sunshine.
The sun is out: Are you?
It's Snack Time
Gifts for Mother's Day
12 Recipes for a Stress-Free Week of Cooking