If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad consists of pungent-grassy green garlic, hearty chickpeas, and earthy spices. The combination of cinnamon, cumin, and curry produces an intense, powerful aroma for a warming, comforting salad with bite. - Tasty Plan
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green garlic
- 1 8 oz. can cooked chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 avocado
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pour oil into pan, and heat at medium high temperature.
- Rinse chickpeas, and place in hot pan. Add spices and salt to taste. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Cut green garlic into thin slices. Add to the pan and cook for another five minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add cilantro and avocado.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary. Serve warm.