If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Born out of my favorite flavors, this recipe blends comfort with foreign. - Cheesy36
- 1/2 cup Jasmine Rice
- 1 can Coconut milk (not lite)
- 3 chopped scallions
- 1 bunch chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 4 eggs
- Empty the contents of the coconut milk into a medium saucepan. Add an additional can of water to the coconut milk in the pan. Heat over high heat until simmering. Add rice and stir to ensure its combined. Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer for 15-20 mins or until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, while the rice is cooking, add the chopped scallions, cilantro, unsweetened coconut, and lime juice to a medium size bowl.
- Once rice is tender, turn off the heat and let it cool for 5 minutes. Add the cooked rice to scallion mixture and mix to combine. Divide between the serving plates.
- In a small frying pan, fry eggs, two at a time, to desired doneness and serve over the rice.
- Note: To make more vegatable-centric, I add green veg whenever its in season - asparagus, kale, broccoli, and rapini work very well under the eggs whether steamed or sauteed.
Why the Simplest Recipes Are Still Worthwhile
Cheer up with chickpeas.
Goya's Balsamic Chickpea Salad
The sun is out: Are you?
It's Snack Time
Gifts for Mother's Day
Good day, sunshine.