If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I found this recipe about ten years ago and after making several adjustments to our tastes, it became my favorite.We received so many requests for copies (from our dinner guests) that we made extra copies to have available to give out. It has been awhile since I have prepared it, but seeing about the contest when visiting the "Food 52" web site, I decided to enter the dish. If you can't find the Mushroom and Black Olive Pasta Sauce, just buy Mushroom Pasta Sauce and a 6 ounce can of black olives. Chop up the olives and add to the mushroom sauce. - Smyog
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 Portobello mushroom caps, rinsed and chopped
- 1 26 oz. jar mushroom and olive pasta sauce
- 1 2.25 oz can black olive bits
- 1 small zucchini chopped 3/4 ", optional
- 2 fresh tomatoes, medium, squeezed and chopped, optional
- 1 small can sliced mushrooms, drained, optional
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 packet Pizza Cheese, shredded
- 1 pound spaghetti
- Put a large pot of water on to boil for the pasta.
- In a large, non-stick skillet or pot, over medium-high heat, saute the chopped onion in olive oil until limp.
- Add the ground beef, stirring and breaking into bits. Add the chopped mushrooms.
- Stir until meat and mushrooms are cooked (about 7 minutes). Add the pasta sauce and olives.
- Add the optional items if desired.
- Season to taste.
- Add spaghetti to the boiling water. Boil according to package directions. Do Not Overcook. Drain
- In a large bowl, mix the sauce, cooked spaghetti and Parmesan cheese until well incorporated.
- Pour into a large, oiled baking dish (Pyrex or Corning Ware). Top with pizza cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Tags: travels well
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Baked Pasta
Soffritto: The Superstar
Your new favorite three-ingredient ingredient.
Soffritto's a superstar.
Lettuce love vegetables.
The Daily Grind
Bold and brewtiful coffee.