If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Expecting vegetarian guests on Thanksgiving challenged me to come up with a main dish that could bake while I was cleaning and preparing the house. I thought this was a great option as one could easily push any vegetables aside that they are not found of. - savorthethyme
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Red Peppers, cored and sliced into ½ inch wide strips, then cut in half
- 1/2 sweet onion, peeled and sliced into 1-inch strips
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta, whole grain if possible
- 3 cups marinara sauce (or any store bought)
- 4 tablespoons grated asiago cheese, divided
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan, divided
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and prepare all of the vegetables.
- Toss the peppers, zucchini, squash, mushrooms, onions and garlic with olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Roast until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook to al dente as you will be cooking it further in the oven (should state time on box: if not, cook two minutes less than full cooking time). Drain in a colander.
- Once cooled enough, chop the garlic. In a large bowl, toss the drained pasta with the roasted vegetables, garlic, marinara sauce, thyme, parsley, 2 tbsp each of the cheeses and remaining salt, and pepper. Mix gently and thoroughly.
- Coat the 9 by 13-inch casserole dish with non-stick spray or butter if you wish. Top with the remaining cheese. Bake until top is golden and cheese melts, about 20 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Baked Pasta
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.