Author Notes: I got a box of blood oranges and thought what to make with so many oranges. So I came up with this refreshing orange salad that is quite nice to serve for a dinner party. - Maria Teresa Jorge
- 8 blood oranges or normal oranges
- 1 cup freshly squeezed ornage juice
- 20 fresh Mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fine sugar
- 3 tablespoons Marsala
- With a pairing knife, peel the oranges cutting right down to the flesh and removing all the white pith.
- Hold the orange in your hand and cut through between each membrane to remove the orange without any skin. Reserve in a bowl.
- Make the orange juice and sieve it.
- In a pan add the Marsala and the sugar and bring to a boil. reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the orange juice and reduce to half. Allow to cool.
- Cut the mint leaves in thin strips, add to the oranges. Add the orange marsala juice, mix well and let macerate 1 hour.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish