If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I got a box of blood oranges and thought what to make with so many oranges. So I came up with this refreshing orange salad that is quite nice to serve for a dinner party. —Maria Teresa Jorge
- 8 blood oranges or normal oranges
- 1 cup freshly squeezed ornage juice
- 20 fresh Mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fine sugar
- 3 tablespoons Marsala
- With a pairing knife, peel the oranges cutting right down to the flesh and removing all the white pith.
- Hold the orange in your hand and cut through between each membrane to remove the orange without any skin. Reserve in a bowl.
- Make the orange juice and sieve it.
- In a pan add the Marsala and the sugar and bring to a boil. reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the orange juice and reduce to half. Allow to cool.
- Cut the mint leaves in thin strips, add to the oranges. Add the orange marsala juice, mix well and let macerate 1 hour.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
It's time to travel.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Off to market.