Author Notes: This recipes combines my love for spices, chocolate, brownies and biscuits of course. This simple recipe could be prepared with any of our Spiced Chocolate Chips. - lior lev sercarz
Makes 20 biscuits
- 71 grams Salted butter - diced
- 372 grams Spiced Chocolate Chips (Orchidea N.34, Reims N.39, Yemen N.10), separated into 172 gr. and 200 gr.
- 162 grams Granulated sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 4 grams Vanilla extract
- 1 gram Salt
- 52 grams All purpose flour
- 250 grams Confectioners sugar
- In a bowl combine the diced butter and 172 gr. chocolate chips and place over a double boiler (you can do the same using a glass bowl and heating it in a microwave for about 2 minutes). Mix with a whisk until the chocolate has melted.
- Slowly add the the vanilla and eggs.
- Add the salt, flour and 200 gr. of chocolate chips and mix with a rubber spatula.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Using an ice cream scoop or spoon measure 20 balls of dough. Roll each between your hands to form a round ball.
- Place the confectioners sugar in a bowl. Coat the biscuits balls in the sugar and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper leaving about 2 inches between the biscuits.
- Bake for 8 minutes until the top has a “cracked” texture and still slightly soft.
- Let the biscuits cool down on the tray before removing them.
- My tip: Place a scoop of your favorite ice cream between 2 biscuits for an amazing ice cream sandwich.