If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These yummy little muffins are gluten free and happen to be refined sugar free (er, except for the chocolate), which means as far as muffins go, you can eat these for breakfast, snack, or dessert in relatively good conscience. Not that a muffin should ever give anyone a bad conscience. They're too cute! This recipe is adapted from one on Sara Keiffer's beautiful The Vanilla Bean Blog. —fiveandspice
Makes 9 muffins
- 2 cups almond flour (I used Bob's Red Mill brand)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (you can replace these with more almond flour if you'd like grain free muffins)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (or milk/buttermilk/other milk alternative)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dark chocolate
- 1 small pear (or other fruit), cored and diced into small pieces
- Heat your oven to 375° F and line a muffin pan with 9 liners (or grease the pan very very well).
- In a medium bowl, stir together the almond flour, oats, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the honey, oil, coconut milk, vanilla, egg, and baking soda until mostly smooth and fully combined
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry, stirring in the chopped chocolate and pear at the end. Spoon the batter into the muffin tin, filling each cup almost to the top.
- Bake until brown and a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean, 15-18 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then transfer the muffins to a wire rack to finish cooling (or eat them warm!). As is always the case with muffins, these muffins are best eaten the day they are made, but I found they store pretty well if I kept them in the fridge.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Put Summer in a Jar
How to freestyle berry jam
Freestyle berry jam.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
The new Food52 office.