If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Bursting with flavours and straightforward, this vegan Spring vegetable paella is the perfect dish to make when you are entertaining.
Healthy and hearty you will not miss the meat or fish! - The Flexitarian
- 8.8 ounces asparagus
- 7 ounces carrot
- 7 ounces frozen broad beans
- 7 ounces broccoli
- 10.5 ounces ar chargrilled artichoke hearts in olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 6 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 cups Bomba paella rice
- 31/2 to 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 dash smoked paprika
- 2 preserved lemons (finely chopped)
- 1 salt & pepper
- 1 handful parsley leaves (chopped)
- Peel carrots and cut them into sticks (2 cm long x 1/2 cm wide).
- Cut asparagus in 3 to 4 cm chunks, having snapped off their tougher ends first.
- Cut broccoli florets in quarters.
- Heat some olive oil in a large skillet or paella pan.
- Add finely chopped onion and garlic. Cook until soft and golden.
- Add carrots, broccoli, asparagus and broad beans. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add rice, paprika, saffron and vegetable stock.Mix well. Simmer gently until stock is absorbed, making sure not to overcook the rice.
- When rice is cooked, add drained artichoke hearts cut in half plus preserved lemons.
- Add a dash of smoked paprika and chopped parsley leaves. Blend carefully. Season to taste.
- Serve straight away.