If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In Nova Scotia where I live, the sugar woods are in full swing in March, and produce a wide range of maple products, in addition to the experience of strolling through the woods on a crisp early spring day and maybe stopping by for a hearty breakfast featuring some of the local products. This recipe made use of one such product, the maple cream candies that are sold everywhere around here, along with their natural pairing, walnuts. The result was a crisp yet chewy cookie perfect for this time of year. —SugarnStuff
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chunks from maple cream candy (place in freezer to hold shape if cream is soft)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- maple sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together first three dry ingredients.
- Cream together butter and sugars, then add vanilla and eggs, one at a time. Add dry ingredients and mix to blend. Stir in walnuts and then maple cream chunks.
- Drop spoonfuls of the cookie dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet, press slightly and if using, sprinkle with a little maple sugar. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Remove to cooling rack to cool.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Walnuts
More Great Recipes: Cookies
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.