If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These are simple but sort of fancy, and great for fall cocktail party! I top little toasts with pears, bleu cheese, sage, walnuts, and salted maple caramel... it's all kinds of sweet and salty and nutty in one bite! —Loves Food Loves to Eat
Makes about 20 crostinis
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 pinch good flakey sea salt
- 1 large pear, diced small
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons crumbled bleu cheese
- 4-5 large sage leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 splash fresh lemon juice
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 baguette, sliced in thin rounds, each lightly toasted
- Make caramel: Add butter, brown sugar, syrup, and sea salt to a small, heavy bottomed pot, and heat over medium-high, stirring the whole time, until everything is melted and bubbly and mixed together. Taste and add more salt if desired. Set aside
- Toss together pears through black pepper, and top baguette rounds with mixture.
- Stick under broiler until cheese is melted, for just a minute or so (keep your eye on it).
- Drizzle caramel on crostinis.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Walnuts
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
No-bake desserts are cool.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
The freedom to snack.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.