Author Notes: Let them eat carrot cake bites! These delicious snack bites are ready in 15 minutes. - Lisa @ Healthy Nibbles & Bits
- 2 1/4 cups shredded carrots
- 3/4 cups medjool dates (about 10 large dates)
- 2/3 cups unsweetened coconut (flaked or shredded)
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Optional Ingredients for Toppings
- 1/8 cup toasted sesame seeds (enough for 6 bites)
- 1/8 cup shredded unsweetened coconut (enough for 4 bites)
- 1/8 cup chopped almonds (enough for 5 bites)
- In a food processor, blend all the snack bite ingredients together.
- Scoop out tablespoons full of the batter and roll it into a ball.
- Roll the balls in sesame seeds, coconut, or chopped almonds for additional crunch. Use the listed optional ingredients to determine the amount of sesame seeds, coconut, or almonds you need.
- Store refrigerated.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Walnuts