If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish amps up the flavors of traditional lasagna with earthy, assertive ground lamb, plump, juicy roasted tomatoes, creamy white bean spread and woodsy rosemary. I prefer sturdy whole wheat lasagna noodles in this recipe, but feel free to use whatever you like. Just be sure to use no-boil lasagna. - mariaraynal
- 20 ounces grape or cherry tomatoes
- sea or kosher salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 15 ounce cans cannellini or navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 4 teaspoons rosemary, chopped finely
- 2 clove garlic
- sea or kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, minced
- sea or kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds ground lamb
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 8-12 no boil whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup provolone cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup parmesan, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spread tomatoes on parchment or Silpat-lined baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil, sprinkle salt and pepper and use your hands to combine. Roast for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Put beans in the bowl of a food processor. Add anchovy paste, rosemary and garlic. Process until smooth. Then, add olive oil in a slow stream, continuing to process until well combined.
- Saute onion, salt and pepper in a large skillet until soft. Add garlic, cook for a few more minutes, then move onion mixture aside in pan and add ground lamb. Brown lamb for several minutes, then break up with a spatula and add rosemary. After several minutes, stir in tomato paste and allow to cook down. If the mixture looks too greasy, remove a spoonful or two of fat and discard. Add roasted tomatoes and gently combine. When just cooked through, deglaze with wine and reduce.
- Spray large casserole dish with olive oil or cooking spray. Arrange four lasagna noodles to cover bottom of pan, then spread about a third of the white bean mixture on top of the noodles. Spread a third of the lamb mixture on top of beans, then sprinkle with about a cup and a quarter of the mixed cheeses, or more if you wish. Repeat. If you choose to do a third layer, go for it and add an additional cup and a quarter of mixed cheeses. Otherwise, use the leftover bean spread for crackers or crudites and use the lamb to top pasta.
- Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes. Allow to rest for 15-20 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Baked Pasta
Flourless Almond & Coconut Cake
Looked for salad, ended up with cake: Life in a nutshell.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Strawberry, Rhubarb, and Lime Popsicles
An out of the blue use for a mason jar.
Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?