If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A traditional Indian breakfast with a twist. Lentil crepe is a perfect breakfast in the morning. Good source of protein and all the good fibers from veggies. I make a jar full of batter, which can stay in the fridge for a week, cook whenever you want. Taste wonderful with Hummus!! - Shruti Jain
Makes 2- 3 crepe
For the Crepe
- 1 cup Mixed Lentils ( Soaked for 4 - 5 hours )
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Coarsley Minced Ginger
- 1 piece Small Green Chilli ( 1/2 teaspoon minced any Green chilli)
- 1 piece Garlic ( Clove)
- 1/4 cup Coarsely chopped Cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Butter / Olive Oil
- 1 piece Garlic (1 clove)
- 1 cup Thinly Sliced carrot
- 1 cup Thinly Sliced Colored Peppers
- 1 cup Thinly Sliced Zuccinni/ Yellow Squash
- 1/2 cup Thinly sliced anything from Beetroot/Mushrooms/Spinach/broccolini
- 1 teaspoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Maple Syrup
- Salt and Black pepper to taste
- Tzatziki / Hummus / Tomato onion sauce/ Sriracha
- Some Oil to spray on the pan
- In a blender, blend the lentils with enough water to make a medium paste like consistency. Always start with less water and add as required until it reaches the desired consistency. It should not be very thick or thin. It should be a crepe batter like consistency, which can easily be spread on the pan. Add ginger, garlic, salt and cilantro. Keep the batter on the side.
- In a sauté pan, warm some oil/ butter and add garlic and veggies. Sauté the veggies for 2- 3 minutes and keep them crunchy. Add salt, pepper, vinegar and maple syrup. Keep it on the side. Mix everything nicely.
- In a flat pan (any pan with a flat base and medium to big in size. Doesn’t need to be a crepe pan) , spray some oil. At a low flame, use a 2oz ladle and add ladle full batter in the pan and spread it using the back of the ladle making circles in the outside direction.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook on a low flame for 5 minutes. Add some oil on the side and using a spatula start peeling off from the sides making your way to the center.
- Flip it and cook the other side. Press it with the spatula. Let it turn brown on one side.It should take around 2- 3 minutes on each side.
- To serve, place the crepe at the bottom, apply the sauce and finish with veggies on the top. Sprinkle some walnuts on the top. Repeat the process to make more crepes with the rest of the batter.