If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love oysters just as nature made them...right out of Tomales Bay, right out of the shell. The best oyster company on Tomales Bay (north of SF in Marin) is the Hog Island Oyster Co. which farms the best tasting oysters. They make a sauce that they call Hog Wash. This is sort of what I remember it tastes like.. And, it's quick to make when your ship comes in (with oysters)! —dymnyno
Serves makes about 3/4 cup
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1 jalepeno pepper (seeded and finely diced)
- 1 shallot (finely diced)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Put all the ingredients in a jar and shake vigorously. Spoon a little on each oyster just before you eat it.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Way to Prepare Oysters