If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love oysters, raw, grilled, broiled or baked. I especially love them lathered in butter, herby butter, like in this recipe. - eatboutique
Serves 6, as a starter
- 24 oysters
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons basil, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1 dash smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- lemon wedges, for serving
- Set your oven to broil with the top track 6-8 inches away from the flame.
- Shuck the oysters and place them in a large casserole dish.
- Mush the butter with the garlic, basil, parsley, paprika, salt and black pepper. Divide the butter evenly among the raw oysters by dropping 1 teaspoon on top of each oyster.
- Place the dish in the oven and broil for 5 minutes, or until the butter mixture melts and bubbles and browns a bit.
- Set the hot dish (with a warning!) between your guests immediately, along with lemon wedges.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Way to Prepare Oysters