Author Notes: I love oysters, raw, grilled, broiled or baked. I especially love them lathered in butter, herby butter, like in this recipe. - eatboutique
Serves 6, as a starter
- 24 oysters
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons basil, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1 dash smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- lemon wedges, for serving
- Set your oven to broil with the top track 6-8 inches away from the flame.
- Shuck the oysters and place them in a large casserole dish.
- Mush the butter with the garlic, basil, parsley, paprika, salt and black pepper. Divide the butter evenly among the raw oysters by dropping 1 teaspoon on top of each oyster.
- Place the dish in the oven and broil for 5 minutes, or until the butter mixture melts and bubbles and browns a bit.
- Set the hot dish (with a warning!) between your guests immediately, along with lemon wedges.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Way to Prepare Oysters