Author Notes: This simple recipe brings out the mildly garlic flavors of this wild invasive herb. Great with pasta or as a salsa for meat or fish. Try to use the light green tips, not the dark green bottom leaves which can be bitter. Adapted from preparation by Roger Ma, Restaurant Daniel. - tama matsuoka wong
- 11 cups lightly packed garlic mustard leaves and tips, loosely chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 squeezes lemon juice
- In a blender, grind the garlic, pine nuts and parmesan.
- Add the garlic mustard.
- While blending, pour in a steady stream of the olive oil for 1 minutes, or until smooth.
- Add salt, sugar, lemon juice and pulse until mixed.