If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One of My favorite ways to eat walnuts is to stuff some goat cheese into pitted dates (love the way the pits give way to a neat little stuffable 'pocket') and then sandwich the dates between two halves of walnuts. Its tasty, healthy and satisfying to boot. except, I always feel that it wd be a tad more awesome if there was some crusty carbs to round out the addictive factor.
I found some lovely goat cheese rolled in Pepper from Vermont creamery at my local Wegmans, and it made for a perfect two bite appetizer with a box of readymade puff pastry cups. If you can get hold of the goat cheese logs rolled in pepper, thats great , else just crack some fresh pepper in the mix. —Panfusine
- 1 packet puff pastry cups (1 packet has 24 shells)
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- 5 large pitted dates chopped fine
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- fresh cracked peppercorn to taste.
- Combine the walnuts and dates in a food processor and pulse to make the mix into a coarse crumbly mixture. Transfer into a bowl and combine with the goat cheese and the pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Place the individual puff pastry cups on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place the sheet in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Press down the centers (the centers are scored and so it can be worked with easily) with a small melon ball scoop. Spoon about a teaspoon of the walnut date mixture into the depression of the puff pastry cups. Return the baking sheet to the oven and bake for 10 minutes more until the tops of the puff pastry cups turn a golden brown.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Walnuts