If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These cookies are one of my favorite holiday treats. Tangy, nutty, and not too sweet. Pumpkin pie spice adds a hint of warmth to round out the flavors. These cookies go well with coffee and tea. - Edgy Veggie Bytes
Makes ~24 cookies
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, chopped into craisin size pieces
- 1.5 cups rolled oats, lightly toasted
- Cream the butter and sugars together using a stand mixer or electric beater.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking soda, and pumpkin spice. Then, beat this into the butter-sugar-egg-vanilla mix.
- using a spoon or spatula, mix in the walnuts, chocolate chips, craisins, apricots, and oatmeal.
- Make round balls ~1 tbsp in size and place them on an parchment or Silpat lined baking tray about 2 inches apart from each other. Flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10-12 min at 350 F, until the edges turn a very light brown.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Walnuts