Author Notes: These cookies are one of my favorite holiday treats. Tangy, nutty, and not too sweet. Pumpkin pie spice adds a hint of warmth to round out the flavors. These cookies go well with coffee and tea. - Edgy Veggie Bytes
Makes ~24 cookies
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, chopped into craisin size pieces
- 1.5 cups rolled oats, lightly toasted
- Cream the butter and sugars together using a stand mixer or electric beater.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking soda, and pumpkin spice. Then, beat this into the butter-sugar-egg-vanilla mix.
- using a spoon or spatula, mix in the walnuts, chocolate chips, craisins, apricots, and oatmeal.
- Make round balls ~1 tbsp in size and place them on an parchment or Silpat lined baking tray about 2 inches apart from each other. Flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10-12 min at 350 F, until the edges turn a very light brown.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Walnuts