If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my own recipe inspired by entering an online blog competition to use three specific ingredients: corned beef, corn kernels, and cornflakes. This was my daughter's favorite of two I concocted. It's actually very tasty, and I think would be a hit for any occasion! I recommend serving mustard of choice as a dipping sauce. - anotherfoodieblogger
Serves 4 as an appetizer
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup yellow corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup corned beef, minced in a food processor
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion, green part
- 1 small egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Add the dry ingredients to a bowl, and mix well. Then add the rest of the ingredients except the oil and stir to combine well.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Measure out 1/4 cup of the mixture then dump upside down into the hot oil. Repeat until gone.
- Fry until browned and crisp on one side, then fry some more on the other until cooked through and browned.
- Remove and drain on paper towels. Serve with condiment of choice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Corn
Freeze It Right There
Meet your herby, stir-fry savior.
The stir-fry savior.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
You won't be board with this game.