If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This luscious chocolate cake is made without flour, resulting in a rich truffle-like torte. The key to its intensity and flavor lies in the quality of the few ingredients. Choose a high quality dark chocolate (I prefer Lindt 70%) and use a European-style butter, such as Plugra or Lurpak. The brightness and acidity of the raspberry coulis balances the richness of the cake, while cooling whipped cream smooths out the flavors, allowing you to come back for more. - TasteFood
For the cake:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut in pieces
- 12 ounces dark (70-72%) chocolate, broken in pieces
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Raspberry Coulis (recipe below)
- Whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter a 9" springform pan. Line with parchment paper. Butter parchment paper. Dust pan with high quality unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a double boiler over simmering water, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and cool to lukewarm.
- Whisk sugar and eggs together in a large bowl. Stir in vanilla extract. Add chocolate and stir to combine well.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake until set and top begins to crack, about 45 minutes. (The center will still be moist.) Cool pan completely on rack. Remove pan side.
- Transfer cake to serving plate. Dust with sifted icing/confectioners sugar. Serve with raspberry coulis and whipped cream.
For the Raspberry Coulis:
- 16 ounces frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Stir frozen raspberries and sugar in pan over medium-low heat until raspberries thaw and sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.
- Pass raspberries through fine-meshed sieve to separate seeds from coulis. Discard seeds.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate Cake
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls