Author Notes: I LOVE oysters! My favorite are west coast and raw, but I had a grilled oyster several years ago, loved it, so here's my take. - Berna
- 12 oysters, scrubbed, shucked and on the half shell
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter then lightly saute the shallots until just soft (1-2 minutes). Add the worcestershire sauce, stir to combine and simmer for a minute to allow the flavors to meld.
- Preheat a charcoal or gas grill and carefully place the oysters on the grill, making sure to keep as much oyster liquour in each one as possible. Spoon about a tablespoon of the butter mixture on top of each oyster, cover the grill, and cook for 1-2 minutes, depending on the size of the oysters.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Way to Prepare Oysters