If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I LOVE oysters! My favorite are west coast and raw, but I had a grilled oyster several years ago, loved it, so here's my take. —Berna
- 12 oysters, scrubbed, shucked and on the half shell
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter then lightly saute the shallots until just soft (1-2 minutes). Add the worcestershire sauce, stir to combine and simmer for a minute to allow the flavors to meld.
- Preheat a charcoal or gas grill and carefully place the oysters on the grill, making sure to keep as much oyster liquour in each one as possible. Spoon about a tablespoon of the butter mixture on top of each oyster, cover the grill, and cook for 1-2 minutes, depending on the size of the oysters.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Way to Prepare Oysters
You Pinned, We Listened
This Month's Top 10 Pinterest Recipes
This month's most pinned recipes.
Food blog links we love.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
The best camping foods.
Savor the season.